Translate

Sunday, November 8, 2009

CULTURE DAY AT BOYD ELEMENTARY

Culture day with 3rd Graders
Boyd Elementary School





I was invited by Ms. Laura Malouff to come to her 3rd grade class and share some of my memories from when I lived in Mexico. Not much has changed in my family and hometown since I left Mexico (12 years ago), so I was able to show the kids the family pictures I took from my last trip to Mexico (October 2008). This was an opportunity to show the other side of the picture. A little bit of what is around my life as a person an not as the famous runner they see in me when I come to visit :) Also, this was not only a great bonding experience, but a learning one. THANK YOU so much to Ms. Malouff for allowing me into her class and to all the kids for trusting me and being my friends.












No comments: