Translate

Sunday, January 16, 2011

MAKING A DIFFERENCE



It has been 4 years since the founder of In The Arena, Amory Rowe, called me and asked if I was interested in being part of the roster. Since then, I have been able to not only persue my athletic dreams, but to make a difference in the lives of thousands of children and their families in the United States.



As of today, Im so happy and excited with the ITA After School Tutoring program here in Alamosa which started 2 months ago. Kids have responded so well. It is so rewarding to see them take advantage of this opportunity. On daily basis, we have an average of 15 kids per session.




We tutor from 4:00 to 6:00p.m unless the kids need more time. When I say "WE" I refer to the rest of the staff members, Norma Gomez, Phil Archuleta, and Kimberly who volunteer their time and knowledge to keep the program going.



Eventough, it might only look like a 4 person project, there are so many people involved. Thank you to all those people that are behind the scenes (Founder,board members, donnors, foundations, volunteers, and organizations)for helping make a difference in our lives.

No comments: