Translate

Sunday, December 1, 2013

GRATEFUL


There is no day that I wake up or go to bed  without thanking God  for all the good and not so good of my day, week, month or year.

According to Wikipedia, Gratitude, thankfulness, gratefulness, or appreciation is a feeling or attitude in acknowledgment of a benefit that one has received or will receive.

Here a few of the things, people and events I'm sincerely  grateful for: 
 I'm grateful for my family. It means the world to me to make them proud. Every single one of my siblings teach me something about life. A few of them have become my best friends, confidants and great supporters. 
I'm thankful to have my mother alive. I admire her wisdom and treasure her advise. 

Im grateful for my injuries and health. Thanks to my rib injury that  kept me out of consistent training for a year and a half I was able to start working as an assistant Coach at Adams State. It's been a great experience. To be part of an amazing program has truly elevated my professional game.  Now, after 3 months of consistent slow training Im glad Im getting my health back. I look forward to a solid base and in a few months get back to competition. This experience has allowed me to grow, appreciate my health and all the running accomplishments. 


Forever thankful for being part of In The Arena (ITA) .  Thanks to ITA my dream of becoming an Olympian still alive. In the process I get to work and meet the most amazing kids in the planet. Kids that teach you the real meaning of life. Kids that truly make the best of what they have. Kids that in many ways are shape my life. To have the opportunity to change the direction of a kids life is true blessing. I'm grateful for that calling. I'm thankful for Amory philanthropic ideas. For her efforts to make them true.  Her love and passion for the organization reflect upon the smiles of all those kids we work with.  I'm grateful for all of those donors who believe and trust in our missions and give athletes and children alike an opportunity to believe and dream. 

I'm grateful for all this wonderful years as a professional runner. All the races, trips, wins and defeats. Im thankful for my life! 

What are you grateful for?




No comments: