Translate

Sunday, December 16, 2012

2012 XC Junior Olympics

Brayan Flores, Miguel Baltazar, Ramon Juan Juarez, Isaiah DeLa Cerda, Peter DeLaCerda and Oscar Martinez

Before anything, my heart goes out to the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. More than ever I cherish this wonderful opportunity to mentor our youth. Hug your teachers, Hug your parents, Hug your kids.

The most expected weekend for Penguins arrived and It was an honor to be able to share with them the experience. Yes!, last week I was able to drive a few of the Penguin Club members to Albuquerque New Mexico to the 2012 XC Junior Olympics. My hat goes off to both the kids, parents and coaches. Thank you Peter DeLaCerda for allowing me to be around and share some of my running experiences with these amazing group of kids. I enjoyed getting to know everyone in the past month. Excited for what lies ahead. Here a few pictures of the weekend.
My goal for next year is to find more resources to help the Club with uniforms, shoes and traveling expenses, so if you are interested in helping out or have any ideas on how we can help please send me an email at zoila@in-the-arena.org

Midget Boy after their race- 9th as a Team







 Youth Boys doing strides during warm up. Placed 16th as a team





 
 
 
 
 
DeLaCerda, Isaiah
32nd Place 







 The highlight of the day, kids got to meet and visit with  1500m Olympic Silver Medalist, Leo Manzano.. How cool is that?

No comments: