Translate

Saturday, November 10, 2007

AWAY FROM HOME

Houston, TX
August 22nd, 2007

After New York Half my coach Damon Martin and I had decided I was going to spend a few days in Houston TX prior to heading to Osaka, Japan for the World Championships. The purpose of this trip was to get acclimatized to heat and humidity. This was the first time in my running career I left Alamosa to train somewhere else.
While in Houston I had the chance not only to train, but to talk and spend some time with a couple of high school cross country teams. I honor all the runners that train in hot and humid conditions. My body and mind were in shock for the first 3 days. I could not believe how much I was sweating after a just 20 minutes warm up.
Something I clearly comprehended while in Houston was that in order to make it to the next level we always need to be ready to make adjustments, make the best out of the circumstances, and always remain focus on our main goal. Also, I felt very fortunate to have the support of numerous people. I can honestly say that no matter where we are there is always going to be someone willing to help out and give you a hand. I truly believe God manifest himself in so many ways through people. I sincerely thank Nicole Mericle and her family, Coach Jim Beven, Marissa Daniels and roommates, the training staff at Rice University, and Dr. Chris Zaino and Whitney Zaino for all their support.

No comments: